The demand for quality mattresses are at an all-time high as more and more people are seeing its impact in creating the optimal sleeping environment. With that in mind, Tempur-pedic and sleep number are two heavyweights dominating the market to-date, both of which offer unique benefits to different needs.
Both are designed to provide better sleep, which is why both have extensive product lines that are highly popular in the mattress industry. While they are highly successful, these two have little-to-no features in common.
Knowing the differences is critical if you want to buy a mattress that suits your expectations, that’s why we’re here to break it down for your in our comparison guide below:
Tempur-Pedic vs. Sleep Number Mattress: Features Comparison
What Sets Sleep Number Beds Apart?
1. Complete Customization – one of the primary benefits of sleep number beds is that it uses adjustable air chambers that provide either single or dual control, both of which vary depending on the type and size of the mattress. The bed frames are movable to cater to a customized head and specific feet position to help alleviate snoring. Users can also adjust the firmness of the mattress from 0 to 100.
2. Sleep Tracking – they also come with a sleep IQ in their setting, which is designed to track the user’s sleep each night. This helps users find the perfect setting by basing it on their nightly findings.
3. Affordability and Durability – with the number of innovative features of both mattresses, it’s no surprise that both seem like an investment. However, sleep number beds are relatively more affordable as all models for the queen size sleep number mattresses range between $999 to $4,299. Not to mention, it comes with a warranty of 25 years.
What Sets Tempur-Pedic Beds Apart?
1. Contouring Materials – while it doesn’t have the same full Customization of sleep number beds, Tempur-pedic beds use contouring materials that can adapt to the contours of the user’s body. This is made up of two layers of TEMPUR’s premium foam mattress, allowing the bed to adjust to your curves naturally.
2. Climate Control – the temperature of the bed’s surface plays a significant role in the comfort of the sleeper, that’s why TEMPUR made a series that features a SmartClimate dual cover system that allows the user to enjoy a cool outer layer all-night-long.
3. Pressure Point and Pain Relief – individuals who are continually losing quality sleep due to back pain can benefit from Tempur-pedic beds as it has layers of foam built on top of the inner core, which facilitates relief for different pressure points of the body.
4. Motion Isolation – another impressive feature of Tempur-pedic beds is that its foam is designed to isolate motion, allowing you to remain undisturbed by any movements if you’re sharing a bed with someone.
The Bottom Line: Sleep Number vs. Tempur-pedic Mattresses: Which is the Right Choice?
When choosing between a sleep number or Tempur-pedic beds, the perfect mattress largely depends on your needs and preferences. Both offer incredible features that can improve your sleep in different ways – from full mattress firmness control and movement to climate control.
It’s best to consider what keeps you tossing and turning at night to see which types can provide features that are sure to relieve your nightly plights.
For more information on the best sleep number bed, browse through our site to check out our helpful resources.